There are a number of reasons for modifying members of a reference set in an extension (depending on the type of reference set), including:
- Updating map records to
- Refine map rules or map advice
- Change the target of a map
- Changing the acceptability of a description in a language reference set
- Changing the order of subset members specified in an
Ordered type reference set|
Principles for modifying reference sets include:
- Reference sets can be modified by
- Don't modify immutable attributes of a reference set.
- In the case where the modification of an immutable attribute is required, this should
be done by inactivating the reference set member and creating a new reference set
member with the required, updated values.
- If circumstances require you to modify reference set members that belong to another
module than the producers extension, following options exist:
- Create a new version of the specific reference set member in your own module, and
make the necessary modifications
The table below provides a summary of the process to follow when modifying an existing member in a Reference Set.
Table 126.96.36.199-1: Modify reference set member
The metadata concept representing the reference set is retained
A new reference set row is created and the id is retained from the previous version of the refset member.
Versioning and module identification attributes are set accordingly:
- effectiveTime is set to the date the extension will be published
- active is set to reflect the status of the reference set member, i.e. '1' for active and
'0 'for inactive
- moduleId is set to identify a module managed by the extension producer
Attributes common for all reference set types are set accordingly:
- refsetId is retained as the value from the previous version of this refset member. A member
cannot move from one reference set to another
- referencedComponentId id retained as the value from the previous version of this refset member. A member cannot change the component which it refers to.
- In this case, the existing member record should be inactivated, and a new one created.
Attributes specific to the reference set type are set accordingly: